- DIA Upgrading JWICS With Modern Cloud The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) is doing a major upgrade of the Federal government’s 30-year-old top-secret network, with cloud services playing a major factor in the modernization effort, a senior DIA official said on March 23.
- Federal Software Acquisition Bills Reintroduced in Senate, House
- VA CTO: 5 Lessons Learned from VA.gov Overhaul
- USSOCOM CTO Talks Benefits of Multi-Cloud Hybrid Strategy
- DHS Launches New Grant Website to Deter Domestic Terrorism
- GAO Prods CISA to set Timelines for Critical Infrastructure Work
- CISA Updates Cyber Performance Goals
- State Dept. Appoints Laura Williams Deputy CIO for Foreign Operations The State Department has named Laura Williams as the deputy chief information officer (CIO) for foreign operations.
- DARPA Official Warns Against Generative AI Impact
- U.S. Digital Response Names GSA Vet Hillary Hartley CEO
- CISA Advisory Committee Adds Inglis, Katko, Langevin
- U.S. Access Board Elects Fehribach, GSA’s Kale to top Posts
- Reps. Offer Bipartisan Support for NCS, Eager for Implementation The House Oversight and Accountability Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Government Innovation held a hearing this week to unpack the National Cyber Strategy (NCS) that was released by the White House earlier this month.
- Cross-Agency Communications Playing Big Role in Zero Trust
- Resource Scarcity Biggest Challenge in IT Mod, USDS Official Says
- DISA Seeks Platform to Manage Diverse Cloud Networks
- NSA Faces Volume, Skills Challenges Ahead of New Ambitious Hiring Program
Join MeriTalk for Cyber Central in Washington, D.C. on May 17 for an examination of the strategy, challenges, and opportunities it brings to public and private sector organizations. Government and industry IT leaders will explore cyber policy, zero trust, supply chain security, cloud security, information sharing, and more.
- Rep. Takano Introduces Two Bills to Address VA’s IT Modernization Failures Rep. Mark Takano, D-Calif., ranking member of the full House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, introduced two new bills this week aimed at addressing the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) failures in IT modernization.
- FTC Looking at Cloud Market for Security, Competition Risks
- Commerce Pushes Security ‘Guardrails’ for CHIPS Investments
- Sens. Rosen, Blackburn Debut Cyber ‘Reserve’ Workforce Bills
- State Dept. Sets Plans for $100M of Supply Chain, ICT Security Funding